Job Announcement: Fund Development Manager
Position: Fund Development Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Status: Full-time Nonexempt
Salary: $65,000 + generous benefits package
Supervises: Communications Coordinator
About Proud Ground: Proud Ground is on a mission to create permanently affordable homeownership opportunities for working families. Utilizing the Community Land Trust model of permanent affordability, we expand homeownership opportunities for low- and moderate-income families so that they can live or remain in the community of their choice. We serve as a leading strategic partner to improve affordability region-wide, with a focus on areas affected by displacement. We look forward to welcoming a highly qualified professional into a well-established team at Proud Ground.
About the Position: This senior-level staff position will work in direct partnership with the Executive Director, staff, and Board of Directors to achieve aggressive financial goals that support the expansion of Proud Ground’s homeownership portfolio and sustain the organization into the future. The ideal candidate will be an exceptional writer with strong research and analytical skills, with a desire to expand into dynamic external development work. Experience in the management of grants and government contracts is also preferred. The Fund Development Manager also has the opportunity to help Proud Ground expand its reach into the community by overseeing donor-centered fundraising activities and stewarding dynamic community partnerships. The successful Fund Development Manager will have the ability to work both independently and collaboratively with flexibility and a can-do attitude.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Grants & Contracts
- Develop and maintain a calendar of new and recurring private foundation and government funding sources.
- Research foundations, corporations, and other grant opportunities on the local, regional and national level.
- Work with state and local regional jurisdictions to identify and pursue appropriate subsidy opportunities.
- Oversee the process of writing government applications and required reports, and manage on-going communications.
- Manage all aspects of the grant preparation process, including information gathering, writing, and budgeting.
- Ensure the timely completion of all grant and contract reports.
- Lead foundation stewardship efforts and engage other staff in cultivation and relationship building.
- Coordinate with partnering organizations on collaborative fund development opportunities.
- Advance initiatives to open up new funding sources for subsidy, low-interest loans, and other similar partnerships.
- In conjunction with Proud Ground leadership, create an annual plan for fundraising from individuals and businesses.
- Work with the Executive Director, Board and staff to identify donor prospects and develop solicitation strategies.
- Support the fundraising activities of the Executive Director and Board members.
- Develop and manage a stewardship and cultivation plan for donors and prospects.
- Supervise Communication Coordinator to ensure the following is accomplished:
- Produce annual appeals and other fundraising campaigns.
- Conduct gift entry; maintain accurate and complete donor information in the database.
- Generate timely acknowledgement letters and other donor communications.
- Assist with the coordination of the Annual Membership Meeting & Annual Celebration.
- Coordinate other donor events as necessary and appropriate.
- Develop and distribute organizational messaging.
- Contribute to the development of strategies, budgets, and other operational components.
- Support earned revenue and marketing initiatives, as appropriate.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience.
- Five+ years revenue generation experience in a nonprofit or government setting.
- Team player able to contribute creative ideas and practical knowledge to planning processes.
- Ability to strategically match organizational needs with appropriate philanthropic, government, and/or earned revenue opportunities.
- Outstanding writer with the ability to translate complex ideas and programs into clear and compelling narratives.
- Demonstrable success in securing public sector and private foundation grants from diverse sources.
- Aptitude for managing complex grant agreements and government contracts, including budgeting and reporting.
- Experience managing core fundraising activities, including donor development, appeals, and events.
- Detail oriented and deadline driven.
- Able to multi-task with efficiency.
- Comfortable interfacing with constituents, supporters, and partners.
- Commitment to the mission and values of Proud Ground.