Keep Your Cool: A Single Parent’s Guide to Moving by Alexis Hall
You’ve decided to pack up the family and move, and whether you are moving across the street, state, or country, it can get a little chaotic with children involved. There’s a runaway stuffed animal, tears over packed up toys, and it’s possible you taped up a box with your car keys inside. There will be bumps along the way, but the tips and resources in this info-graphic will help make the move with children as stress-free as possible:
- Know the proper way to pack a box to maximize space and safety.
- Understand that routines are important to maintain the norm.
- Take a load off and hire professional movers.
- Give the kids some decision-making power too.
- Consider hiring a babysitter to speed up the process (and minimize tears)
- Help your child settle into their new home.
- Learn ways to ease moving anxiety.
- New school jitters are common, so set them up for success.
- Forget the tape and glue – use online tools to document memories.
- Remember, moving affects you too.
Moving comes with a lot of changes, but the actual move doesn’t have to be stressful. Before you know it, you’ll be settled into your new home, making happy memories, and the move will be in the past – just take it one task at a time.