Two Down Payment Grants of up to $77,000* are available for residents of the City of Vancouver. These grants are funded by the City of Vancouver’s Community Development Block Grant HUD program & Community Frameworks. Proud Ground, a state-registered nonprofit, administers all grant opportunities. Homebuyers will have the option to work with any realtor or a Proud Ground recommended realtor.
*Final grant amount will be determined based on need.
Do I qualify for this opportunity?
- Grant recipients must be first-time homebuyers, meet income qualifications listed below and be living in the City of Vancouver.
- The home purchased must be located within the City of Vancouver.
- Must qualify for a minimum mortgage of $220,000 with a Proud Ground approved lender & have at least $4,000 of personal savings for earnest money & inspections.
- Grant funds will help you purchase a home priced up to $341,000
- Owner-occupancy, income limits, resale, and other restrictions apply.
- Learn more by attending a Proud Ground Information Session.
Maximum household income limits at the time of purchase:
Family Size 1 2 3 4 5
Max Income $45,600 $52,100 $58,600 $65,100 $70,350
To apply, please submit a COMPLETE application packet in one email to email@example.com with “Vancouver Grant” in the subject line by Tuesday, April 9 at 5:00 pm.
A complete application packet must include:
- Proud Ground Homebuying Opportunity Application
- 3 months’ worth of recent paystubs for all income earners in the household
- Documentation that you have a minimum of $4,000 available for earnest money and home inspections
- Documentation that you are currently living within the city of Vancouver:
- Confirm this by entering your address here: https://www.cityofvancouver.us/ourcity/page/do-you-live-or-work-city-vancouver
- A loan pre-qualification letter for a minimum of $220,000 from a Proud Ground approved lender
- A closing cost estimate from your lender showing your estimated monthly payments
***Please note, it can take up to 2 weeks to obtain loan pre-qualification documents***
On Wednesday, April 10 by 5:00 pm, Proud Ground will notify the 2 top income-qualified, pre-qualified home buyers. The homebuyers will have three business days to choose a realtor & complete the grant reservation process. Priority will be given to families with children & households of three or more based on their date of application with Proud Ground.
Questions? Please contact: Marita DeLeon, 503-493-0293 firstname.lastname@example.org
Preguntas? Por favor llame a: Yesika Arévalo, 503-493-0293 email@example.com
To view and download a flyer with all the information above, click here.